Our secret life alone.

  Some Sundays should be exclusively reserved for family. So today, our family of four decidedly embarked on a little road trip. We paid our yearly visit to resonant roads, wineries and beer breweries. My favourite food stop was this one brewery. I ordered a cup of mocha at the brewery, and can I just say that it was a real mocha? Let me describe it to you: an authentic mocha so rich in flavour, it appeased all my senses. The apple and rhubarb crumble with vanilla ice cream wasn't a disappointment, either. But seriously, I've never been so won over by a mocha in my life. That, I am sincere about.
   As per usual, my brother and I longingly pined for the secluded streaks of nature. High and oh-mighty pine trees make me feel so miniscule, I actually love it. Call me odd, but I reckon nature in its raw, overpowering state is sublime. I always enjoy coming to these familiar spectacles on the brink of sunset. (Sunset watching, another pastime to add onto my list.)
  It was especially reminiscent to be on the road. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this - when we were younger, travelling on the outskirts of suburbia used to be the norm my family. Now that half of us (more or less) live apart, days like these are savoured in all their glory.

  So my loves, how did you spend this beautiful day?

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I feel the exact same way about nature.

    X O

    Isabel
    lunabrunel.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I don't know how many times I can say this but I am obsessed with your writing!! I would love to be able to write like you Rachel! <3 I'm also obsessed with your outfit here, & these photos are so lovely, as always :)

    Sorry for the lack of comments. I've been busy with moving my whole life to the other side of the world.. also sorry for this excuse :( You're the best, I really hope we can meet some day!!

    lots of love, Dana Carmella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha too right, you are! Thanks for the loveliness girl.
    I think you and I both know you have heaps of excitement in your life, lazy days balance 'em out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, you never fail to you flatter me <3
    I know your move to the Philippines is a major milestone and of course, moving is never an easy feat but I seriously want to thank you for your readership. Thank you, thank you, thank you! To keep up with me when you already have so much going on in your own life is incredible. I don't mind at all, I'm just very well glad you visit me on this humble abode! You're a wonder, I hope too that our meeting will be a fulfilled wish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quadruple agree with Dana. Lovely writing, as always. These pictures and the descriptions make me wish that my trip to LA was sooner. Haha only one week left though. That sounds like one hell of a Mocha. This is a great reminder to share some great moments with people you love...and get out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when my parents spontaneously tell us to get ready because we're going on an adventure. It's an amazing feeling, and the best bonding time.


    Glad you got to experience that!


    http://naturallyjes.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. You deserve all the praises! Thanks for understanding, & thank you as well for constantly dropping by my blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fashion faux-pas or not, I really liked your outfit. In fact, I love the soft and chilled-ness of this post. Sunsets are soothing, are they not?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessing, you're such a babe! Thanks, and the best part is with every passing second your trip approaches. Have a happy and safe travel when it comes around x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely an amazing feeling. Family trips are the seed of fun outings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a relief! Thank you girl, and I can't help but agree with you there. Sunsets are indeed soothing. :)

    ReplyDelete

A huge shoutout to my readers who acknowledge my efforts, and continue to spur me on. I can't thank you enough! The words I receive in turn are so heartwarming. To have come so far from a homemade blog back in 2011, to know that I have reached out to others - it fills me with mirth; say, a cause for my existence. I hope you enjoy paging through this blog, as much as I find repose from pouring myself into it. And don't be shy, I'd really like to hear from you!
Follow

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.