An eye for an eye.

  Featured above is the beaded evil eye necklace I received in the mail recently. (Reminds me of Sreya, hint hint.) I've been fairly excited to get this, as I'm always on the hunt for quirky jewellery pieces. Some may think it's a tad creepy but I personally like it. The detailing is amazingly intricate, and how you can not love that shade of blue?! For $2.14, it's a difficult offer to pass up.

  Of course, I did my research as to what the evil eye was symbolistic of, and it is basically and there are many reasons why it should not just be worn for fashion purposes. According to the eBay page of Evil Eye Beads and Jewelry - History, Meaning, and Lore, the blue evil eye symbol is 'symbolic of water and prosperity'. The main idea is to ward off bad luck that may befall upon you. They say that any well intention may have potential evil attached, so wearing an evil eye yourself will reflect the spirits away from the bearer of the necklace. In short, it's better to be safe than sorry.

  Though I'm not going to lie, I bought this because I think it looks fantastic. Yet there's a nice thought of knowing the true meaning behind it. I'd rather not get caught up in sheer materialism, as what I wear is a clear expression of myself.

  As they say, you learn something new every day. Oh, and Happy Friday guys!

  P.S. To the anon who sent me a request on Ask.fm, I will be tending to that on the weekend. Thank you, you're such a dear.

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

18 comments:

  1. Love this necklace. Thanks for sharing the meaning by the way, I always wondered what the symbol stood for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely necklace. i'm sure you'll style it just wonderfully. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? And thank you, I'll be looking for ways to. x

      Delete
  3. I love that it looks cool AND has a meaning :)

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! Kind of weird because I have recently been re-obsessing over my evil eye jewellery from Turkey these past few weeks! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any evil eye jewellery items? I think it would be a wise investment x

      Delete
  5. I own a one too but in a different style, and I have them as earrings too. I'm glad you have the same taste ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I think I might've seen them in a few posts! I believe this is why we're destined to be Internet besties.

      Delete
  6. I have tons of bracelets of the same type collected during my trips to Greece, I find the design lovely, and made even more special by the meaning behind it. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad we see eye to eye on things! (mind the pun)

      Delete
  7. Wow! I love it, its so beautiful!
    I want it! ^___^

    http://www.likemannequins.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my dear god, want that necklace too, it's gorgeous o:

    ReplyDelete

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.