Today's post will be a little bit more morbid and alternative in terms of human thoughts. We're going to be talking about people dying young. Yes, death. You heard me. Now, this was a request by a very dedicated reader who I have an immense level of mutual respect with. I just wanted to say thank you once again, you've made me one very happy blogger. I hope that you will at least find some satisfaction through my words.
At first I was contemplating whether to sugarcoat my concept of death and be the definition of pure positivity. But since you want my 100% honest opinion, I respect your decision and shall give you what you want. Keep in mind, I personally feel I have a limited understanding of the topic; in no way am I trying to force my opinion upon anyone.
For one to pass away at a young age is quite a shame, not going to lie there. Especially if the the one subjected to death is a loved one. A parent, relative, friend or lover. Undoubtedly it's going to be extremely difficult for you and others to cope. There will be an overload of sympathy, even though you don't exactly want to be reminded time and time again. You know, one of the things I always wonder is, 'Why do bad things happen to good people?'
I don't seem to have an answer yet. I haven't been around on earth for long, but I'm sure nobody else has the answer either. So I shall leave it at that, because to me, life is a rather sad thing in itself. Things happen, supposedly for a reason, but it all boils down to how you go about it.
Firstly and more importantly: let it out. Cry your heart out, seek a close friend to confide in and overall just succumb to being an emotional mess. There's no use trying to hide your feelings; losses occur to everyone and anyone. You need to remember that you are not alone.
'Time heals everything.' I bet you've heard that before, well, simply because it's the truth. It's going to take months and years to get over your dense layer of grief. I understand that you will always look back on that one day when everything changed for you, but you cannot let that determine the rest of your life.
Look, people come and go. They arrive in your life, serve a purpose and ultimately it all comes to an inevitable end. In this case, your father has been the best he could ever be for you, even if he may not have expressed it clearly enough. 'There are no perfect fathers, but a father will always love perfectly.' Be strong for yourself, and for him. Show him that he's done a damn good job of sculpting you as an individual - because from what I know so far, you're a well-brought-up and beautiful person.
Look, people come and go. They arrive in your life, serve a purpose and ultimately it all comes to an inevitable end. In this case, your father has been the best he could ever be for you, even if he may not have expressed it clearly enough. 'There are no perfect fathers, but a father will always love perfectly.' Be strong for yourself, and for him. Show him that he's done a damn good job of sculpting you as an individual - because from what I know so far, you're a well-brought-up and beautiful person.
To me, I strongly feel that death is peaceful. All the potential conflict, woes and painful situations that your father could have been experiencing at that point in time are now gone for him. He is now free. He's been let down to rest, to bask in a realm of tranquility. He may be physically absent, but he will always look over you. I believe in spiritualism - not to be confused with religion. You may have a different philosophy on it all, though I think we can all agree that death is quite consequently, serenity.
May I ask of a favour? Don't forget to smile, and stay golden.
YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY
Oh Rachel, this is absolutely amazing! Great post. I love how you can express your thoughts into words. ♡ ♡ ♡
ReplyDeletethis is lovely. <3
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a wonderful piece! You are so articulate! Moving on doesn't mean you're forgetting; your lost, loved one wouldn't want you to cling onto them when they're long gone. Cherish the memories and never forget.
ReplyDeletegrayongrey.blogspot.com
Such a beautiful post! And Hiding tonight is one of my favourite songs, you've got great music tastee (:
ReplyDeletehttp://crashingfashionshouse.blogspot.com
Thank you everybody, I'm seriously touched xx
ReplyDeleteI really am amazed by how you put everything in words... I'm such a klutz and never get really say what I want to, especially not on these kind of subjects. Since everybody always has their own beliefs and I always worry too much on getting their feelings hurt. But you pulled it off quite brilliant! Even though you seem to think life is a sad thing it itself, I think I agree but I guess just don't want to.
ReplyDeleterachel, you've really outdone yourself. you covered the topic so beautifully, even though its theme is losing someone so young. xx
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful! :)
ReplyDeletethis is so touching rachel! you are a wonderful writer:)
ReplyDeleteThanks once again, everybody. Each and every comment is really valued, honestly I love all you readers. <3
ReplyDelete